NEW PREDICTION: 9/17/08 -- The Israelis will bomb a Russian-built nuclear plant in June 2009 at the Iranian seaport of Bushehr saying they believe it was designed to make nuclear weapons to destroy Israel.
An unknown number of F-16 fighter bombers will destroy the Bushehr reactor 250 miles south of Tehran, on the orders of Prime Minister Tzipi Livni.
Israel will act at this time because it believes the reactor will be completed in a short time and enough fuel diverted to create at least 30 nuclear warheads to be loaded on medium-range and long-range missiles already aimed at various targets in Europe and the Arab world, some of them inside Israel, either at the beginning of July or the beginning of September 2009.
Explosion rocks Iran city of Isfahan,
home to key nuclear facility
By Yossi Melman and Reuters
Latest update 18:38 28.11.11
An explosion rocked the western Iranian city of Isfahan on Monday, the semi-official Fars news agency reported, adding that the blast was heard in several parts of the city.
According to reports, frightened residents called the fire department after the blast, forcing the city authorities to admit there had been an explosion.Residents reported that their windows shook from the explosion's force.
Speaking to an Iranian news website, the government of Isfahan said that the explosion occurred as a result of a military drill, denying reports that the blast was somehow related to the nearby nuclear facility. "There is no such thing, the blast was entirely from the military maneuver," the Iranian official said.
The Isfahan uranium conversion plant operates under the supervision of the International Atomic Energy Agency, and is frequented by its inspectors and surveyed by cameras that broadcast to the IAEA headquarters in Vienna.
Fars news agency earlier Monday, Isfahans deputy
mayor initially confirmed the reports and said the
authorities are investigating the matter. However, after
the incident was reported in Israel, the report was taken
off the Fars website.
It seems that city authorities and the Iranian government were embarrassed by the reports of a blasts, releasing contradictory versions of the alleged events. One example is a statement given by the same deputy mayor to the Mehr news agency, saying he had no reports of an explosion.
Another confirmation came from the head of the city's judiciary, who said an explosion-like sound was heard. Meanwhile, the Mehr news agency reported there has been a blast at a petrol station near the city. Another report pointed to a training accident.
The reported incident occurred about two weeks after Gen. Hasan Tehrani Moghaddam was killed together with 20 other Guard members Nov. 12 at a military site outside Bidganeh village, 40 kilometers southwest of Tehran. The Revolutionary Guard said the accidental explosion occurred while military personnel were transporting munitions.
should be noted that Iran operates a uranium conversion
plant near Isfahan, one with an important function in the
chain of Iran's nuclear program. It first went into
operation in 2004, taking uranium from mines and
producing uranium fluoride gas, which then feeds the
centrifuges that enrich the uranium. Since 2004,
thousands of kilograms of uranium flouride gas were
stockpiled at Isfahan and subsequently sent to the
enrichment plant in Natanz.
Commenting on the report of an explosion in Isfahan, U.S. State Department Spokesman Mark Toner said: "We don't have any information at this time other than what we've seen in the press as well. But certainly we're looking into it."
"As you know, we're somewhat limited in our ability to glean information on the ground there, but we're certainly looking into it," Toner added.
Earlier Monday, a top Israeli security official said that the recent explosion that rocked an Iranian missile base near Tehran could delay or stop further iranian surface-to-surface missile development. The official added, however that the Iranian nuclear program was continuing to gain ground, despite considerable international pressure and attempts to destabilize the Iranian regime.
|Image shows Iranian missile site was destroyed|
02:16 PM ET, 11/28/2011
The Washington Post
Two weeks after a mysterious explosion at an Iranian missile base, a Washington-based research group has released a satellite image showing extensive damage to the site.
The image of the compound, near the city of Malard, doesnt provide any clues as to what caused the Nov. 12 explosion, which Iranian authorities described as an "accident" involving the transport of ammunition. But it does make clear that the facility has been effectively destroyed.
Paul Brannan, a senior analyst for the Institute for Science and International
which specializes in the study of nuclear weapons
programs, said its impossible to tell from the
image whether the blast was caused by sabotage, as has
has been speculated in this explosion and others at
transport facilities, oil refineries and military bases
in Iran. When performing work with missiles, there are a
variety of volatile processes that could
cause an explosion, Brannan said.
Brannan said ISIS had recently learned from knowledgable officials that the blast had occurred just as Iran had achieved a milestone in the development of a new missile and may have been performing a volatile procedure involving a missile engine at the site.
with the cause of the blast, the nature of that milestone
Also Saturday, the chief of Iran's elite Quds Force said he doesn't fear assassination and is ready for "martyrdom." He warned Washington of serious consequences if it does not stop threatening the Islamic Republic. The comments by Quds Force commander Brig. Gen. Ghassem Soleimani were published in several Iranian newspapers. The Quds Force is the special foreign operations unit of the country's powerful Revolutionary Guard, and Soleimani is a key figure in Iran's military establishment but rarely speaks in public. "Oh, God, bestow upon me martyrdom in Your path by the hands of enemies ... The U.S. must know that when a glass is broken, it becomes sharper," he told a gathering of militiamen in the southeastern Iranian town of Kerman.
Tensions have increased in recent weeks between Iran and the U.S., with several American neoconservatives urging the Obama administration to use covert action against Iran and kill some of its top officials, including Soleimani. The force has been accused by the Americans of involvement in an alleged plot to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to Washington. Two men, including an alleged member of Iran's Quds Force, have been charged in New York federal court in the case. Iran has dismissed the American claims as a "foolish plot", saying U.S. officials have offered no proof.
explosion at Revolutionary Guards military base
Israeli secret service the Mossad linked to Iran military blast
2011 10:16 ET
Seventeen soldiers have been killed in an explosion at a military base near Iran's capital Tehran, officials say. The blast occurred when weapons were being moved inside a Revolutionary Guards depot, a spokesman for the elite unit told state TV.
Windows in nearby buildings were shattered and the blast was heard in central Tehran, 40 km (25 miles) away. Two hours after the explosion a fire still raged and there were traffic jams on nearby roads, a local reporter said. The death toll was revised down from an earlier figure released by the Revolutionary Guards of 27.
An elite military force, the Revolutionary Guard was set up shortly after the 1979 Iranian revolution to defend the country's Islamic system. It has since become a major military, political and economic force in Iran. The Revolutionary Guard has been targeted by UN sanctions aimed at pressuring Iran to halt uranium enrichment.
There have been occasional unexplained explosions in Iran before. Eighteen people were killed in a blast at a Revolutionary Guards base in the north-western Lorestan province in October 2010. The latest blast comes at a time of heightened tensions over Iran's nuclear ambitions.
November 2011 08.20 EST
A series of news reports linking Israel's intelligence agency the Mossad to a blast at a military facility in Iran, in which 17 people were killed and a further 15 wounded, has gained widespread coverage in the Israeli media on Monday.
While Iranian officials insist the explosion at the Bid Ganeh base was accidental, caused by the movement of ammunition, claims from anonymous western and Israeli officials that Saturday's blast was a covert Israeli operation have gained momentum.
Leading Israeli daily Yediot Ahronot picked up a post by US blogger Richard Silverstein claiming the Mossad had teamed up with Iranian militant group Mujahideen e-Khalq (MEK) to execute the alleged attack. MEK denies involvement in the attack.
Ha'aretz also led with reports that a western
blast at the base, which is reported to have been a
storage facility for long-range missiles, was so powerful
that it was said to have been felt 30 miles away in the
Among those killed was Major General Hassan Moghaddam, the Revolutionary Guard Commander charged with "ensuring self-sufficiency" in armaments, and described by Iranian media as a pioneer in Iranian missile development.
Israel's defence minister, Ehud Barak, responded to news of Moghaddam's death by saying: "May there be more like it."
Prime minister Binyamin Netanyahu's office refused to comment on growing speculation of the Mossad's involvement. Ilan Mizrahi, former head of the national security council and former deputy head of the Mossad, also would not be drawn into substantiating the claims: "I have no idea whether this blast was accidental or whether it was sabotage. But I will say God bless those who were behind it, because the free world should be doing its best to prevent Iran from achieving nuclear military capability."
A recent International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) report, based on the intelligence of 10 governments, presented images, letters and diagrams that suggested Iran was secretly working on nuclear weaponry. Both the US and France have offered close co-operation with Israel, threatening increased sanctions unless Iran responds with transparency to the nuclear watchdog report. Earlier this month, the Knesset debated the bombing of Iran to prevent further nuclear development, with Netanyahu and Barak said to supporting military strikes.
COMMENTS (11/29/11): One explosion could be an accident; two explosions in two weeks is one too many to be coincidence. Perhaps one was conducted by Israeli special forces and the other by a US missile fired from the Persian Gulf? Iran will not admit to a few selective strikes; nothing less than "shock and awe" will give them cause to declare they have been attacked by either Israel or the United States. After all, they are promising some heavy payback if an air campaign is launched. My guess is they do not want to look like they have eggs on their face if they retaliate in a heavy-handed manner against a singular event that can be perceived as an "accident." I consider the event in Malard and this second one in Isfahan together as a PREDICTION PARTIALLY FULFILLED.
2012 (Part One)
2009 (Part Two)
The Archives Page